Troubleshoot install or activation errors for Office 2016
- Check to make sure your internet is working on the PC you’re trying to install on. Pause any other downloads you may have active.
- If you’ve started a download and it’s stuck, delete the download file by dragging it to Trash. Now, start the download again by clicking one of two buttons below, depending on your license:
- If you’re not using the Office Home & Student license and you’re still unable to download the file, delete the installer again.
Showing Below Error :
“An Error has occurred.We can’t move to the next step.Please try again later.”
Some customers may get this error when clicking install button from their My Account page:
“An error has occurred. We can’t move on to the next step. Please try again later.”
Quit out of your browser and then try again.
Installer stuck at “Verifying.”
The error that says the Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, has been fixed in an update by Apple.
- Click OK. Wait 10 seconds and try again.
- Update to macOS Sierra (10.12).
- Restart your computer and install Office 2016 again.
Still having trouble? We’re listening.
This article was is updated based on your feedback. If you still need help installing or activating Office 2016 , tell us about your issue in detail by leaving us a comment below and we’ll try to address it in the future.