Microsoft PowerPoint is an amazing tool for business, organizations, colleges, schools & personal use also.
You can create, edit open presentations in it. But if you are using PowerPoint 2002, PowerPoint 2003 or PowerPoint 2007, you may get error message.
Get your Office Now: www.office.com/setup
In PowerPoint 2002 and PowerPoint 2003
PowerPoint can’t read path\file_name.ppt.
In PowerPoint 2007
You may get following message:
Error message 1
PowerPoint found unreadable content in Presentation.pptx. Do you want to recover the contects of this presentation? If you trust the source of this presentation, click Yes.
Error message 2
You need to determine the unique number that is associated with the message that you receive, press CTRL+SHIFT+I.
The following number appears in the lower-right corner of this message:
Error message 1: 400645
Error message 2: 400066
This problem occurs because the PowerPoint presentation is corrupted or has been damaged.
How to Resolve PowerPoint Error Message?
PowerPoint 2002 and PowerPoint 2003
- Start the later version of PowerPoint that gave you the error message that is mentioned in the “Symptoms” section.
- Click Insert, and then click Slides from Files.
- In Slide Finder on the Find Presentation tab, click Browse.
- Locate and then click the PowerPoint presentation that gave you the error message, click Open, and then click Insert All.
PowerPoint 2007 and PowerPoint 2010
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click New Slide, and then click Reuse Slides.
- In the Reuse Slides pane, click Open a PowerPoint File.
- In the Browse dialog box, locate and then click the presentation file that contains the slide that you want, and then click Open.