When you try to install Microsoft Office 2010, the installation does not finish, and you receive the following error message:
To install and use this product, you must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista sp1
- Windows XP Sp3
- Windows Server 2003 Sp2
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista Sp1
- Windows Server 2008
This issue occurs when one of the following conditions is true:
- The operating system on which you are trying to install Office 2010 does not meet the system requirements for the product. For example, you are trying to install Office 2010 on a Windows XP-based computer that does not have Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed.
- The Office 2010 Setup program (Setup.exe) is configured to run in compatibility mode. That is, the Setup program is set to run under a particular operating system, such as Microsoft Windows 95.
Follow the two methods provided to resolve your problem:
Method 1: Verify Office 2010 system requirements
All Microsoft Office 2010 editions have these operating system requirements:
|Operating System||Minimum Required Version||Architecture|
|Windows XP||Windows XP with Service Pack 3||32-bit|
|Windows Vista||Windows Vista with Service Pack 1||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Windows Server 2003||Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Windows Server 2008||Windows Server 2008||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Windows 7||Windows 7||32-bit or 64-bit|
Check your computer and determine if you are running one of these minimal required versions of the operating system.
If the operating system on your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements you will need to update it. The preferred method to update your computer is through automatic updates. However, you can also obtain service pack updates from Microsoft Website.
If you meet the minimum system requirements, visit the following TechNet webpage to make sure you meet the minimum hardware requirements:
Method 2: Turn off compatibility mode
To resolve this issue, you must disable compatibility mode before you try to install Office 2010. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Office 2010 Setup.exe file. The screen shot for step 1 and 2 is under the step 2.
- Click Properties.
3. Click the Compatibility tab. The screen shot for step 3 ,4 and 5 is under the step 5.
4. Click to clear the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box.
5. Click Apply, and then click OK.
6. Double-click Setup.exe to install Office 2010.
To download complete Office Setup , Visit office.com setup official website.