Setting Up Outlook.com Main Email With Outlook Desktop
You can simply ahead and take a stab at setting up Outlook.com ID, utilizing Outlook Connector for Hotmail. A few people said in the remarks there, that they were effective in setting up the principle record to work with Outlook desktop utilizing the connector.
In the event that it doesn’t work for you, attempt the accompanying.
Snap File Menu and afterward Add Account.
Install office now: office.com/setup
Email Settings for Outlook.com to use with Outlook Desktop
In the Email Settings Wizard that opens, select the last option that says Manually Configure Server Settings…
Select Internet E-Mail and then again click Next.
You will get E-Mail Settings dialog box. Enter the following details:
1. Your name
2. Your outlook.com email ID (the primary one)
3. Select POP3 under the drop down list next to Account Type
4. Incoming Mail Server will be pop3.live.com
5. Outgoing Mail Server will be smtp.live.com
6. Under Logon Information, enter your email ID (the main outlook.com ID that you entered at step 2 above). Remember to include the domain outlook.com. For eg, if your email ID is email@example.com, enter complete firstname.lastname@example.org in User Name
7. Type your password and check the box saying Remember Password.
8. Click the More Settings… button
9. On the Outgoing Server tab, click to tick My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication
10. Make sure the radio button saying Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server is selected
11. Go to the Advanced tab
12. Click to select This Server Requires An Encrypted Connection (SSL)
13. The value in the Incoming Server (POP3) text box should change to 995.
14. Enter 587 in the text box next to Outgoing Server (SMTP)
15. In the drop down list next to Use the Following Type Of Encrypted Connection, select TLS
16. Drag the slider under Server Timeouts to minimum 2 minutes
17. Click OK to go back to Email Settings dialog box.
18. In the Email Settings dialog box, click Test Account Settings…
19. At this stage, Microsoft Outlook will check the settings you have entered by trying to log into the incoming server and by sending a test message via the outgoing server. If the tests are successful, you will get a Congratulations message.
20. Click Close to close the Test Account Settings dialog box
21. Click Next and Finish to close the Email Settings Wizard.
for more details, visit: office setup