After as of late overhauling my Plex Windows 10 machine, I had an issue where I couldn’t keep hard drives from going to rest on that framework. After the framework restarted, a couple of hours after the fact I would get an email from Stablebit Scanner demonstrating that at least one of my drives were never again associated.
Except for the framework drive, every single other drive associated with the framework were USB-associated outside hard drives. I couldn’t interface with the drives, and the lights on the drive packaging showed that they were in rest mode.
I hadn’t encountered anything like this since I setup the framework more than one year back. After some examination I discovered that there are really a few settings, in two areas, in Windows 10 that I expected to change in request to keep the hard drives from resting.
Changing the power plan in windows 10
The principal setting I needed to change was the USB suspend setting in the Windows 10 control choices. This requires an chairman to change, however you will be provoked to enter the head secret word on the off chance that you are signed in as a standard client.
1. Snap Start->Settings->System->Power and Sleep to show the alternatives to change the power and rest settings.
2. Tap the Additional power settings connect under Related power settings. The Power Options window will show up.
3. From this window, Click the Change plan settings interface alongside the power plan you wish to change.
4. From the power plan window, tap the Change settings that are presently inaccessible connection, and enter the
head secret phrase when incited.
5. Tap the Change propelled control settings connect to show all the power choices for the arrangement.
6. From the power plan window, tap the Change settings that are as of now inaccessible connection, and enter the
executive secret phrase when provoked.
7. Extend the USB settings and after that the USB specific suspend setting alternative.
8. Change the Setting an incentive to Disabled.
USB controller gadget settings
While I thought changing the USB suspend alternative would take care of my concern, the USB-associated hard drives still were put to rest by Windows 10. Now, I chose that there must be some other setting that caused this issue.
After more research on the web, I found something that drove me to the setting that understood the issue – handicapping the capacity for Windows 10 to kill the gadget from the USB controller settings.
To roll out these improvements, you can utilize the accompanying advances:
1. Snap Start and after that type PC the board. At the point when Computer Management shows up in the list items, right-click it and afterward select Run as executive.
2. Enter the manager secret word and tap the Yes catch to open the Computer Management window.
3. In that window, click Device Manager to show a rundown of the considerable number of gadgets introduced on your framework, composed in different classifications.
4. From the rundown of classifications on the right, tap the Universal Serial Bus controllers classification to show all the gadgets in that classification.
5. Right-click every thing in the rundown, and the select Properties from the setting menu that shows up. A properties discourse will show up.
6. On the off chance that the properties windows contains a Power the executives tab, click that tab. On the off chance that it doesn’t, close the window and rehash the past advance for the following gadget in the rundown.
7. In the Power the board tab, uncheck the Allow the PC to kill this gadget to spare power alternative.
8. Tap the OK catch to spare the changes.
9. Rehash stages 5 to 8 for every gadget under the Universal Serial Bus controllers class.
John Dev is working as a technical expert from a very long time. He also writes blogs for MS office, windows on many websites like office.com/setup