Sometimes when you are installing Microsoft office setup, you may get the error that Microsoft setup bootstrapper has stopped working.
The reason is Microsoft is using Bootsrapper technology.
Bootstrapper is responsible for the initialization of an application built using the Composite Application Library.
If you get the same error message while installing the program, Windows close the program.
To solve this error, you have to fix it manually by the following steps.
Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working
- Open Registry Editor from the Run window.
- Press Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run window.
- Type “regedit.exe”
- In the Open box and click OK.
- If prompted by UAC, type your admin password and continue.
- On Registry Editor window, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Windows NT> CurrentVersion> AppCompatFlags.
- Back up this key (AppCompatFlags) and then delete it.
- Do not delete it without backing up.
- Now run the Office setup installation file again.
Check more information at: www.office.com/setup.